Information Security Policy
Information security is a holistic discipline, meaning that its application, or lack thereof, affects all facets of an organization or enterprise. The goal of the iTech Solutions Information Security Program is to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the data employed within the organization while providing value to the way we conduct business. Protection of the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability are basic principles of information security, and can be defined as:
- Confidentiality – Ensuring that information is accessible only to those entities that are authorized to have access, many times enforced by the classic “need to know” principle.
- Integrity – Protecting the accuracy and completeness of information and the methods that are used to process and manage it.
- Availability – Ensuring that information assets (information, systems, facilities, networks, and computers) are accessible and usable when needed by an authorized entity.
iTech Solutions has recognized that our business information is a critical asset and as such our ability to manage, control, and protect this asset will have a direct and significant impact on our future success.
This document establishes the framework from which other information security policies may be developed to ensure that the enterprise can efficiently and effectively manage, control and protect its business information assets and those information assets entrusted to iTech Solutions by its stakeholders, partners, customers and other third parties.
The iTech Solutions Information Security Program is built around the information contained within this policy and its supporting policies.
The purpose of the iTech Solutions Information Security Policy is to describe the actions and behaviors required to ensure that due care is taken to avoid inappropriate risks to iTech Solutions, its business partners, and its stakeholders.
The iTech Solutions Information Security Policy applies equally to any individual, entity, or process that interacts with any iTech Solutions Information Resource.
- Ensure that an appropriate risk-based Information Security Program is implemented to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all Information Resources collected or maintained by or on behalf of iTech Solutions.
- Ensure that information security processes are integrated with strategic and operational planning processes to secure the organization’s mission.
- Ensure adequate information security financial and personnel resources are included in the budgeting and/or financial planning process.
- Ensure that the Security Team is given the necessary authority to secure the Information Resources under their control within the scope of the iTech Solutions Information Security Program.
- Designate an Information Security Officer and delegate authority to that individual to ensure compliance with applicable information security requirements.
- Ensure that the Information Security Officer, in coordination with the Information Security Committee, reports annually to Executive Management on the effectiveness of the iTech Solutions Information Security Program.
All Employees, Contractors, and Other Third-Party Personnel
- Understand their responsibilities for complying with the iTech Solutions Information Security Program.
- Formally sign off and agree to abide by all applicable policies, standards, and guidelines that have been established.
- Use iTech Solutions Information Resources in compliance with all iTech Solutions Information Security Policies.
- Seek guidance from the Information Security Team for questions or issues related to information security.
- iTech Solutions maintains and communicates an Information Security Program consisting of topic-specific policies, standards, procedures and guidelines that:
- Serve to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the Information Resources maintained within the organization using administrative, physical and technical controls.
- Provide value to the way we conduct business and support institutional objectives.
- The information security program is reviewed no less than annually or upon significant changes to the information security environment.
Waivers from certain policy provisions may be sought following the iTech Solutions Waiver Process.
Personnel found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment, and related civil or criminal penalties.
Any vendor, consultant, or contractor found to have violated this policy may be subject to sanctions up to and including removal of access rights, termination of contract(s), and related civil or criminal penalties.
|Version||Modified Date||Approved Date||Approved By||Reason/Comments|
|1.0.0||July 2023||Franz Füßl||Document Origination|